H Goodwin is an established, West Midlands-based foundry with over 100 years experience in producing malleable, ductile and grey iron castings for a range of different industries. We now also offer pressure die casting in zinc and aluminium.
We have retained a level of traditional skills whilst moving right up to date with disamatic moulding, producing small to medium sized castings to specification in low to medium volumes.
We are a fully flexible foundry capable of castings from .kg – 150kg.
Our Manufacturing Processes & Facilities Include –
- Disamatic Moulding
- Green Sand Moulding (Pallet Line)
- Shell Moulding
- Air Set Moulding (mould up to 150 Kg)
- Aluminium Gravity Die
- Pressure Die Casting
- Core Shop (Hot Box, Shell Rollover, Bench)
- Full Annealing Department
- Melting via 4 Elec. Furnaces
- Aluminium Melting via 2 Elec. Furnaces
We have also got a spacious Green Sand Pattern stores room.
Find out more about our manufacturing processes here.
Grades of Iron
- Whiteheart Malleable – EN GJMW 400/5
- Blackheart Malleable – GJMB 350/10
- Spheroidal Graphite – EN GJS 450/19, 500/7 – 700/2 and 600/3
- Grey Iron – EN GJL 150, 200, 250, 300 GI
Grades of Aluminium
Aluminium – LM5, LM25, LM6, LM8 and L24
Our Quality Control Facilities Include –
- Chemical Analysis
- Metallographic Laboratory
- Spectrograph – 20 Channels + 2 pseudo elements
- Tensile Testing
- Hardness Testing
- Crack Detection
Our quality department is a fully equipped facility, designed to ensure the highest standards are maintained.
Chemical analysis is taken from our furnace melts using a coin sample for spectrograph analysis before casting commences.
This spectrograph is computer controlled and calibrated with 22 channels to ensure that the chemical elements meet the highest quality control requirements.
We also have calibrated hardness and tensile test equipment to check the mechanical properties required.
Quality Assured – ISO 9001:2015 Accreditation
H. Goodwin (Castings) Limited is fully accredited to ISO 9001:2015.